INSERT – Developing the competences of educators/professionals for the promotIoN of Social Entrepreneurship to adults with migRanT background
Programme and call
Erasmus +, KA2 (Cooperation for Innovation and Exchange of Good Practice, Strategic Partnerships in Adult Education) – Call 2017, Round 1
The project aims to extend and develop the social entrepreneurship skills of educators/professionals working in organisations that support migrant populations, in order to assist them in the long term in promoting social entrepreneurship towards low-skilled adults with a migrant background, as an alternative pathway to their self-sustainability.
InEuropa srl has supported Liberation and Hope onlus during the planning phase, and will do so during the implementation phase as well.
– to improve the experience and knowledge of educators/professionals in the field of social entrepreneurship, which will help them in the long run to support the development of social entrepreneurship skills in adult learners with a migrant background;
– to improve the provision of high quality learning opportunities in the field of social entrepreneurship, based on the needs of both unprecedented educators with relevant knowledge in the field and low-skilled adults with a migrant background;
– to increase the capacity of educators/professionals as trainers of other trainers in social entrepreneurship;
– Promote the social entrepreneurial spirit and raise awareness of alternative ways to pursue self-sustainability;
– increasing the relevance of learning and qualifications in the labour market, and reinforcing the link between the world of social entrepreneurship with adult trainers and the world of migrant learners.
The project was implemented in two main phases:
1) Establish the scope for needs assessment (methodology, guidelines and tools);
2) Research and brainstorming to identify the state of the art of capacity building programmes and good practices for building social entrepreneurial skills of educators/professionals working with migrants, social entrepreneurial educational practices, key documents on the implementation of entrepreneurship education, etc.;
3) Formulation of a system of evidence-based criteria for classifying areas of intervention.
a) specification of the didactic methodology; elaboration of the capacity building curriculum;
(b) development of the structure of the web platform;
(c) experimental verification of the virtual learning tool for the implementation of the final version;
(d) evaluation of applications and final selection of beneficiaries;
(e) implementation of training for the construction of skills in social entrepreneurship
f) creation and activation of the network of virtual centres for informal social learning, and of the validation and certification methodology;
(g) assessment of the level of capacity building achieved;
(h) organisation of multiplier events and a final transnational conference.
The main expected results are:
– Increased capacity of educators working in organisations that provide support to migrant populations in providing quality teaching and mentoring in the field of social entrepreneurship to adults with a migrant background;
– Increased capacity of partner organisations to promote adult entrepreneurial learning in the social enterprise sector by using the tools developed and by sharing experiences and knowledge on tools and practices for promoting social entrepreneurship at transnational level;
– Increased awareness of potential social entrepreneurs with migrant backgrounds who are in the countries of the project partners to engage successfully in the field of social entrepreneurship;
– Increased competence level of educators, objectively demonstrated through validation and certification of acquired skills;
– Knowledge of the open learning resources and the functional online tool available also after the end of the project for each adult who wishes to participate as a volunteer at community level, or for each social service provider who publishes opportunities and recruits volunteers.
Point Europe – UK
The partnership is made up of 5 players from 4 different countries:
– Kentro Merimnas Oikogeneias Kai Paidiou – KMOP – GR
– EEO Group S.A.- GR
– Best Institut fur Berufsbezogene Weiterbildung und Personaltraining GMBH – AT
– Pistes Solidaires – FR
– Liberation and hope onlus- EN
The project has a duration of 24 months (2 October 2017 – 1 October 2019)
The European grant received is € 215 470.00.
European Commission – Erasmus National Agency + UK01